Create your own user feedback survey
Technical Quality
During the creation of my final major project, I used many different technical aspects of Unity. I took an interest in the sound element and also some of the camera movements and putting in a first person camera accompanied with a moving weapon. Overall most of my level is how i pictured it taking away some of the collides on the assets i am very happy with everything and how it turned out too a technical stand point.
Above is the final video, That people who answer my survey would have looked at too give there answers, I have showcased everything possible and believe it is too of a good standard. I believe I showed some of the flaws with the collision collides a bit off on some of the assets but the audience I made the game for and the people who tested it didn't seem too notice.
Production Skill Development
If you look back at some of my earlier work on the unity program you would be able too see a vast improvement on the production quality of my work. I felt much more confident which is another reason why I elected it for my final major project, Through the two years in college I have grown more fond of this program and little errors I would have made before have not been made in this project, which pleases me cause it gave me a lot of time too focus on the bigger problems I have faced while making my level.
Original Intentions
If you look at my planning I would say I have kept too my plan pretty well minor a few things that have only came up when I thought it looked good while making my level. The original intentions I had was too make a horror and wasteland themed game and I honestly believe I have achieved this with my game being darken toned and with the ominous sounds make it pretty tense while playing so I am hoping that people will see the genre as soon as they load into the game which i a confident they will.
Time Management
During the creation of my level, I would get caught doing stupid things and personally believe i could have done so much better when keeping time management. Small things like asset texturing and other little things like that took the majority of my time up. I hoped to have finished earlier than anticipated but that wasn't the case unfortunately. However i did complete on time and can say i was successful with my time management.
Also with the amount of work I had said that I had done at home, I should have completed this as it was a weakness of mine and would have helped me too finish so much earlier which i would have liked to do, So doing work at home is something i could have 100% improved upon.
Target Audience
The overall reaction from my target audience was pretty good, I believe they understood what the game was meant to be and how it was too be played, Majority picked up on the dark tones and ominous music which gave it it's horror and survival feel. I a pretty happy with the results of my survey as it has served its purpose how it can be improved and i will try and improve it later on. Majority of the audience as well was teenage guys the people i had originally set out for the game to be played by which was positive for me.
Survey Results
Here you can see i had asked about what was good and what peopled liked about my level, The majority of people picked up on the quality which helped me cause i worked hard on making sure my game looked good, Also someone mentioned my gun animation which is really good as that was more an experiment and didn't know how well it would turn out.
Here you can see I then asked what people disliked about my level. the textures being bland i understand as i went for a simple tone to give off the horror and survival look which i think i achieved well so i am not too bothered by this comment. Also someone mentioned props being out of place and everywhere there again i can agree as the aesthetic look was important too me so i could have maybe put one to many props in so with this I agree.
Finally I asked how these things could be improved, I got some good responses with great suggestions like too solve my barrier problem around my level which i have as you can just fall off of the map which is not good so i will take that into account and also about the props i was given some simple advice to remove some which i will also take into account.
Final Conclusion
In conclusion I believe it went pretty well, I ma happy with my final project and it is of a good standard and I think it will achieve the grade that I want. I am quickly going to go over what i think i have done well, So majority i think the production was the smoothest part for me as i had faced minimal problems and been able to produce good work which I am proud of. Now too the things i have done not so well, I if had to do this again I would focus on my time management and keep everything under control as that was the main issue i had during the project that I still need too work on.